A short prayer experience from 365 Prayers for Catholic Schools and Parish Youth Groups
By Filomena Tassi and Peter Tassi
See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and that is what we are. The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. (1 John 3:1)
Life is sacred. Stop the abuse
God of love and life, we know that we have been made in your image. When we look around us, we see and witness acts of people who do not appreciate the dignity of the person. We see people abused, bullied, and traumatized by others. Help us to have the courage to put an end to this and to be able to help people recognize their God-like nature. Help us through our own actions to demonstrate that we are all God-like and need to live this way every day of our lives. Help us to ensure that all people and all human life is respected. Amen.
- Does our society view some people as better than others? If so, what are the criteria?
- What groups of people are not viewed as equal or sacred?
- What can we do to guarantee that all people are treated as sacred?
We choose life
God of love, we understand that carrying a child to full term and giving birth may sometimes be difficult. Some women, particularly those who are single and still in high school, face rejection by their parents, embarrassment in the community, and distancing from their friends. We pray for all these women today.
May they be granted the support that enables them to have their babies and to recognize the gift of life that is within them. May they be confident in their own strengths, and may this lead to healthy deliveries and happy lives. Amen.
- How does this community respond to students who get pregnant? Is the response fair?
- What can we do to help pregnant students carry their babies to full term?
- What support can we offer single pregnant women that would be helpful to them?
All content copyright © Today’s Catholic Teacher/Bayard.com. All rights reserved. May be reproduced for classroom/parish use with full attribution as long as the content is unaltered from its original form. To request permission to reprint online, email email@example.com.